Friday, November 5, 2010

Grievous Angel


Today is Gram Parson's Birthday, the king of alt-country. Most people don't know who he is, and his music is often overlooked. But I listen to it everyday. The first Gram Parson's song I heard was Love Hurts. I love the harmony with Emmylou and the pedal steel guitar. After hearing this song Ive been listing to him ever since. Gram Parsons Was once a member of the Byrds and the Flying Burrito Brothers, which he formed with Chris Hillman But I think Gram was at his best singing with Emmylou Harris.









Nudie Suits!
photos-last.fm, fanpix

2 comments:

gloria said...

it's ethan hawke's 40th bday!

JessM said...

Gram Parsons=dream boyrfriend.

I love his stuff with Emmylou but my favorite is the burrito bros; probably partly because of the nudie suits, and also because the stuff with Emmylou reminds me too much that he died right after that...
But it's all amazing.