Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Collaborators Of Rock

Lennon/McCartney
 The greatest songwriting partnership of all time.  They wrote about 180 songs, even if only one of them wrote it they both got 50% of the credit.  Paul McCartney on his songwriting partnership with John Lennon in Observer Music Monthly October 2007: "I have fond flashbacks of John writing - he'd scribble it down real quick, desperate to get back to the guitar. But I knew at that moment that this was going to be a good collaboration. Like when I did 'Hey Jude.' I was going through it for him and Yoko when I was living in London. I had a music room at the top of the house and I was playing 'Hey Jude' when I got to the line 'The movement you need is on your shoulder' and I turned round to John and said: 'I'll fix that if you want.' And he said: 'You won't, you know, that's a great line, that's the best line in it.' Now that's the other side of a great collaborator - don't touch it, man, that's OK."

Wilson/Love
Known for collaborating on the classic songs about surfing, girls, and cars during the sixties. The first song they wrote together was called Surfin.  But towards the end of the sixties they split up the songwriting team.

Jagger/Richards
One of the best songwriting partnerships in the world.  They wrote some of the greatest songs.  Keith Richards on early songwriting "We were writing these terrible pop songs that were becoming Top 10 hits... They had nothing to do with us, except we wrote 'em."


Page/Plant
One of my favorite songwriting partnerships. They wrote so many good songs, for instance, "That's The Way," "Going To California," "Stairway To Heaven" and many more.
Photos- thegirlskeepcomingtothecanyon.tumblr.com, orgasmickjagger.tumblr.com, lucyintheskywithdiamonds-.tumblr.com, whisky-a-gogo.tumblr.com, alwayslovelyalexa.tumblr.com, goldminemag.com, pophistorydig.com, hbcprotocles.com, flickr

No comments: