Monday, August 8, 2011

Carnaby Street

Carnaby Street was the place to be, for the mod and hippie style of London.  Lined with many fashionable boutiques such as Foale and Tuffin, I Was Lord Kitchener's Valet, Lord John and more.  Music clubs were also along the street and bands who made appearances in the area included The Rolling Stones, Small Faces and The Who.  Carnaby Street was the heart London and was the hippest street to shop along during the swinging sixties for the most fashionable clothes.
photos-art247.com, sixtiescity.com, nickleinthemachine.com, 60sbazaarr.tumblr.com, meanwhileinthesixties.tumblr.com, thecarnebatianarmy.tumblr.com, sixtiescity.com, tumblr

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I wish I was there :))

Lizzy said...

Thank you! Once again I love this post :)

Unknown said...

I was, words cannot express the feelings that the photos bring back in nostalgia....

Unknown said...

Great times great years