Sunday, October 2, 2011

Behind The Music

I did a post just like this a while ago, of musicians at work in the studio recording music.  I found a lot more photos so I wanted to do another post on this.  A well known group of LA session musicians during the sixties were called the Wrecking Crew. The group included Glen Campbell, Barney Kessel, Tommy Tedesco, Al Casey, Carol Kaye and Hal Blaine among others.  They played on songs by The Beach Boys, Frank Sinatra, Simon & Garfunkel, The Mamas and Papas, The Carpenters, and others.  The Wrecking Crew were also associated with Phil Spector, with whom he worked with to create "The Wall Of Sound".   Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones were also session musicians before they were in Led Zeppelin.When I get older and move to California I want to work in a recording studio as a producer and session guitarist!
(photos-abbys-road.tumblr.com,whiskey-agogo.tumblr.com, fuckyeahzeppelin.tumblr.com, turndownthatstupidmusic.blogspot.com, tumblr, carolkaye.com, teenagejewishprostitute.tumblr.com, eyesofporcelainandblue.tumblr.com, just-backdated.tumblr.com, allwearesaying.tumblr.com, in-the-studio.tumblr.com, crystal-visions.tumblr.com, wikipedia)

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Great photos of The Rolling Stones and The beatles! I've awarded you Tell me about yourself award, visit my blog to see :)

Anonymous said...

Ah, studios. Where it can Come Together. Or ha, fall apart. But the latter, best to Let It Be. [groan] Names on the pics would be nice, cannot recognize them all? Do like seeing Page & Plant laughing.